Thursday, November 6, 2008

birthday wishes

i just want to let you all know that i am tired. by 6pm i am no longer able to carry on coherent conversations. please do not expect an answer to any questions, especially if you want me to remember the answers. i love my long days, but my days are exactly that, long. i spend them doing laundry, playing on the floor, shopping in shop rite, which i might add is not 2 kid friendly. we, the babies and i, have a lot of fun and they are so so good. they are happy and content. that makes me realize that i am doing a good job and i am succeeding at motherhood. Colin is well adjusted and happy to come home. homework is another story but of course i wouldn't expect anything other than a complaint for homework.

having two babies is by far the hardest job ever. i though having one was hard, but two is a whole different level. i dedicate my day to those babies and i am so proud of myself. they are on a schedule and totally depend on that schedule. they love it as do i. i never had Colin on a schedule and i am still seeing how that has affected him. i was not sure how i was going to do this whole two baby thing but here i am almost one year later and i am amazed at myself. i have more patience that i ever imagined, i have picked up new skills, (sewing one of them) and i have a wonderful family to show for it.

so, Colin, thank you for being an awesome brother and an even better son. you have come through for me over this past year more than i could have ever imagined. you make my day. every day, when you get off that bus and come right to me and your brothers i know that you are happy to come home and don't mind being here. you are amazing and i love you very much, you are my first true love.

Larry, you have made me realize that people are good fathers, no offense to you dad you were amazing. You are my father Larry, i always dreamed of this life and you delivered for me. thank you for giving me the opportunity to be home with our family. you come home every night and know that i need help and jump right into action and for that i am so grateful. you are an amazing father and i am so glad that i get to share all my kids with you. ( that means you too Kate)

Kate, you have always been a silent support for me as i feel i have been for you. i believe i ventured into THAT life so we could have each other. you are amazing person and i am proud to call you my daughter. thank you for making some trips home from college just to "spend time" with us. it means so much to me that you get up at 630 when i know that is about 5 hours earlier than normal for you.

Thomas and William, you came into my life long before November 20, 2007. i fell in love with you years before. i am so fortunate to have you and cherish each and every day that we spend together. you fellas show me how perfect my life is and how each and every moment is important. I am so grateful to have you both and I am so excited that you get to grow up as best friends. I tell you that every day, you love each other and are best Friends, one day you will understand. Thank you boys for choosing me, thank you for making me a better mom, Colin a better brother, and daddy a better father. you both are truly amazing.

so in this month of November, happy birthday to my dear husband, i love you Larry and i always will. i spent my life searching for you and i am so happy to have found you. thank you for the life you have given me, thank you for first being an awesome father to Colin, and thank you for being an exceptional father to Thomas and William. you are amazing. Thomas and William, my other little scorpions, happy birthday boys. every morning when you rise (at 5:30am) i cant wait to see your happy faces and long to spend the day with you. it is because of you that i have been able to step into the role of true motherhood again. i love you and happy birthday my little twinfants.

2 comments:

♥Caroline♥ said...

Happy Birthday Thomas and William!!!
nice sentiments mom!

Chiara said...

What a nice note, Nellie. I am so happy for you to have found your true love in Larry and to be blessed with three beautiful boys (and Katie, of course!)

Chiara

My YouTube Channel