Wednesday, March 4, 2009

the move...

yes, we have been busy. First off, our camera is gone, well broken. so any of these posts are from my phone, not the greatest, but better than nothing. Where do I begin. Yeah for us, we finally got our house. After nine patient months we finally closed on the house on January 23. We knew it was going to happen soon from about December on but still were unsure of the day or even week. Anyway we felt sorry for the previous owners and a little awkward at the closing but here we are in our new home.

Prior to our move on Saturday, January 24. I spent my week, (where I should have been packing) with three, yes all three, puking kids. I did not get a break for sickness until at least two weeks after we moved. Anyway back to the week before. My plan was, as I am sure most people would have planned, was to pack. Sounded like a great idea. However packing was not in the cards for me and my sick family. Every night Larry would come home and I would cry and say "I just don't want it to be Saturday and everyone shows up and we throw our shit in boxes and bags" Of course this is exactly what happened. Thank God Larry and I have awesome families and friends, they just look past us and see what needed to get done and did the job. It was a disaster, it was freaking freezing, and it was dirty, but we got the job done. We most of everyone else got the job done, I still had two sick and miserable babies hanging on my legs. Melanie showed up on Saturday and did not leave (except to sleep) until Thursday. I knew I would be indebted to her, thank God I had her surprise party just around the corner, that would make up for my mess.

In any event we moved, we are 98% unpacked and we are happy. We will be eating rice and beans for a long time, but we are happy. Our house is great, it fits us all and we have enough space that we are not living on top of each other. The twins LOVE the backyard (fenced in already) and William will cry every time I bring him in. They have adjusted to the move and thankfully have recovered from 2-3 weeks of puking, coughing, runny noses.

So here are a few pictures of before the move and now in our new home.

No comments:

My YouTube Channel