Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Sleep Project!

I have been telling the boys for weeks that as soon as Colin goes off to camp they were going in his room for the night, and that meant all night. I dropped Colin off on Sunday and they started on Monday night. I figured this project would take about a week for them to get the idea on not waking up.

My strategy:
Keep them outside and busy all day with not much sleeping

Night One - Monday
Asleep by 8pm
Thomas up at 4am
Larry went in at 4am
I went in at 4:15
I return at 4:35 to give William a pacifier and a flip to the stomach
By 4:37 they are both out with not much crying (mostly whining)

Night Two - Tuesday
Asleep by 8:30pm
Slept until 6:30am
I was asleep by 10:30 and slept until 5am OMG I felt great

Night Three - Wednesday
Asleep William 6:30 - he was sleeping while i was getting him dressed for bed
Thomas 6:50 - needed a few more minutes i guess
3:52 - Thomas woke up, but was quickly back to sleep by 4am
Awake 6:00am both boys

Thank goodness it is summer and I can keep them outside in the sun most of the day, I believe that is helping a lot. Maybe also the fact they are not with each other and kicking and flipping all over themselves

Night Four - thursday
Larry and I went to the Boston/Yankee Game this evening. Birdie and My mom thankfully came to our rescue since Kim was sick. I left Bird with two cranky, teething babies. She assured me that she was fine and I didn't doubt her one bit. MJ showed up at 7 to TWO sleeping babies, Yeah Bird! When we got home (11:30) William was awake and rocking in the squeaking rocking chair with Grandma. I gave him a kiss and put him back down (awake), both babies slept until 6am.
Things are going well so far, we are keeping our fingers crossed.

5 comments:

Alessia and Jim said...

I can't figure Ethan out- sometimes he will nap all day long and sleep great at night, other times he'll be up all day with minimal napping, and wake up periodically during the night- go figure. Luckily, the past few weeks or so he's been sleeping 10 hours or so- maybe waking up once.
I can't imagine having two- one waking the other up! It does feel good to get more than 4 hours of sleep in a row- I thought the day would never come!

Larry G said...

Ammendment:
Larry went in at 4am
Larry went back out at 4:00:01am

♥Caroline♥ said...

Sounds like it's working Nellie...keep it up :)

Anonymous said...

Does Bird drink at your house? Some one said she gives the kids Vodka and club with a squirt of lime and there usually asleep by seven. What time did you say MJ arrived at your place?

Anonymous said...

Some one said they saw Bird and the kids out side of the Park Side at 6:15. Bird had a coffee cup with a swizzle stick sticking out of it and was wearing knock off sun glasses.

My YouTube Channel